Following a 12-month period in which Mitsubishi Motors New Zealand (MMNZ) led the market as New Zealand’s number one passenger car brand for the 2022 calendar year, and eclipsed its sales targets, the company celebrated the best of the best at its annual Diamond Dealer awards – held this year in Tokyo at the iconic Chinzanso Gardens.
The MMNZ network achieved a huge total sales figure of 23,899 units for the 2022 calendar year, up from 20,161 in 2021. That feat put the brand first in the passenger car market and second overall. Internal targets had been set at 15,000.
MMNZ chief operating officer Tony Johnston commented: “As a team, we significantly overachieved our targets in a declining market; and we’ve had some real highs along the way, including being named best automotive brand for customer experience by Kanstar; Outlander winning best-in-class PHEV in the AA Driven Car of the Year Awards, and, of course, reaching number one for passenger sales for 2022.
“We recognise that the more we put people first in everything we do, the more enduring our success. That extends to our team across the country, who truly deserve this special trip to Japan in recognition of the ongoing commitment they invest in their customers – and it is the best of this group of outstanding dealers that we award with the title of Diamond Dealer.”
The 2023 MMNZ Diamond Dealers are:
- Christchurch Mitsubishi – Matt and Nicola Barr
- An impressive 1000 sales saw them take home their second consecutive Diamond Dealer award.
- Baigent Motors (Matamata) – Justin and Catherine Scelly
- Fifth Diamond Dealer award in a row and MMNZ’s most awarded parts and service dealer.
- Piako Mitsubishi Morrinsville – Darrell and Catherine Russell
- 14th trophy on the back of a Top 10 national result for a town of just 11,000. They also achieved Top New Vehicle Sales in their group.
- Bay City Mitsubishi (Tauranga) – Aaron and Angela Chatfield
- Best overall results across the network, was also crowned Supreme Diamond Dealer.
- Piako Mitsubishi Te Aroha – Jono and Aimee Taaffe
- Earned the highest Customer Satisfaction Index score in the country. This is their second consecutive Diamond Dealer award.
- WR Phillips Mitsubishi (New Plymouth) – Paul and Julia Phillips
- Third win in a row with a strong performance across the board, gaining a near 16 per cent market share in their region.
- Piako Mitsubishi Rotorua – Nigel and Michelle Rumpler
- Adds a fourth Diamond Dealer trophy to their cabinet.
- Ingham Mitsubishi Taupo – Justin and Vanessa Wooding
- First-time winners of a Diamond Dealer award.
- Simon Lucas Mitsubishi (North Shore) – Simon and Carolyn Lucas
- Claims its 12th Diamond Dealer title with the highest number of PHEV sales of the entire network.
Top New Vehicle Sales:
- Group 1: Andrew Simms Mitsubishi – Newmarket.
- Group 2: Brendan Foot Mitsubishi.
- Group 3: Piako Mitsubishi Morrinsville.
Top Market Share:
- Group 1: West City Mitsubishi.
- Group 2: Mexted Mitsubishi
- Group 3: Archibald Motors Kaitaia
Overall Service Excellence:
- Ingham Mitsubishi Hamilton
Overall Parts Excellence award:
- Simon Lucas Mitsubishi
Excellence in Customer Service:
- Group 1: Stephen Duff Mitsubishi
- Group 2: WR Phillips
- Group 3: Delaney Mitsubishi
- Group 4: Piako Mitsubishi Te Aroha
Managing Directors Award:
- Delaney Mitsubishi