Skoda, Seat improve warranty on new cars
Skoda NZ has announced it will beef up its warranty for all new cars sold.
The range-wide new vehicle warranty is now five years or 150,000km, whichever comes first. That includes Skoda First Assist roadside assistance.
However, some conditions apply:
- The Corrosion Warranty is for 12 years with unlimited kilometres.
- Engine starting batteries have a 5-Year unlimited kilometre warranty.
- The Paint Warranty is for 3 years with unlimited kilometres.
- The warranty for ŠKODA genuine parts and accessories fitted:
- on your new ŠKODA vehicle at the time it is first delivered to you is 5-Years unlimited kilometres from the date of delivery; or
- after your new ŠKODA vehicle has been delivered to you is 2 years unlimited kilometres from the date of purchase.
“We have great confidence in the quality of the Skoda range, and our new 5-Year warranty reflects that. Last year Skoda grew at the fastest rate ever. Much of that success is down to listening to Kiwi families and providing what they want. Kiwi car owners are rightly focused on reliability and peace of mind. With the pace of life speeding up, Skoda wanted to provide assurance that we won’t let you down,” says Greg Leet, General Manager of Skoda NZ.
Not to be outdone, Seat has also upped its standard warranty to 5 years/100,000km. Those intending to put a lot of kays on the clock can upgrade that at an additional cost to 150,000km with the same time frame.